Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Trip To The Doctor

This morning as I was shampooing Kaylee's hair I noticed a huge tick on the back of her head. I freaked out! It was embedded in her head and was fat from sucking her blood. It was one of the grossest things I have every seen. I called Stan to come home and help me try and get it out. We tried heating up a needle and sticking the tick but Kaylee wouldn't hold still so we took her to the doctor. He froze it with hydrogen something and then after it was dead he pulled it out with tweezers. The tick had some of her dead skin stuck to its pinchers. It was sad because we had four people holding her down and she was screaming her head off. I felt bad because she couldn't understand what we were doing. I am now paranoid about ticks, tick fever, lyme disease. Maybe I should stop researching things on the internet.

3 comments:

Erik, Mandi, & Matix said...

OUCH! Poor girl! Yeah researching on the internet does no good only scares the *#&$^*#&^ out of you! Glad she is OK!

Unknown said...

OH NO!!! I feel so bad for Kaylee! Ticks and me do NOT get along. I HATE THEM SO BAD!!! I am so glad she is ok...give her hugs and kisses for me.

Chris and Jordan said...

I can relate, ticks are disgusting. See you soon!