Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hepatitis??Gingivitis??

No, that is not an actual picture of Kaylee's throat but the doctor did say her throat was all swollen, red, and had pus on it...yuck! Sunday morning she woke up with a fever and continued running one all day and into Monday so we took her to the doctor. They checked for strep, ($60.00 test by the way) ruled that out, diagnosed tonsillitis, and gave her a prescription. What I was wondering is if they were going to give her the prescription anyway why the strep test? I think doctors just assume everyone has amazing insurance that will cover all kinds of things. They gave her zithromax and she is all better now. She didn't eat much or drink much for two days so she made up for it yesterday....I think that's all she did was eat and drink. Cameron thought I told him she had had hepatitis and then he thought it was gingivitis. It was kinda funny! Makell stayed home sick from school today because of a sore throat but amazingly she was better about 15 minutes after the bus came. It really is amazing how that happens somedays!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that Kaylee is all better, I know what you mean about doctors making you pay for unnecessary tests and stuff, it's kind of annoying! I luaghed at the part that Cameron thought it was hepatitis and gingivitis---LOL, he's funny! Well sounds like you are all doing well now, that's good.

Rebecca said...

Gross Picture...it looks like something Brady had to study during his pathology class where they learned about all the terrible diseases of the mouth. Cameron may not have been too far off--maybe he should look into dentistry. I'm glad everyone is feeling better now, sick kids aren't fun.

Erik, Mandi, & Matix said...

Matix has been sick for a week an a half now. :( I am ready to lose my mind. Your lucky Kaylee got well after a couple days.

The Woolstenhulme Family said...

Good to hear Kaylee is doing better. That looks terrible. Shylee has to have her tonsuls out on the 27th of this month. Maybe she won't snore in my bed anymore. Little turkey! Hope all is well up there in Rexburg!